The Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) exists to advance the science of food. Composed of more than 18,000 members from virtually every discipline related to food science and technology and from more than 100 countries worldwide, IFT aims to ensure a safe and abundant food supply contributing to healthier people everywhere. IFT hosts several annual meetings, publishes a highly respected peer-reviewed journal, and offers a Certified Food Scientist (CFS) credential.
IFT needed a learning management system (LMS) that provided online courses, virtual meetings, webinars, and interactive eLearning solutions for its members, with a goal to increase revenue by 50%. In addition to wanting greater interactivity, self-assessment, and group discussions, they knew that a cloud-based solution for administering and delivering eLearning courses was key to their success.
IFT chose Blue Sky eLearn's Path LMS™, which was quickly integrated with their association management system, and the system was up and running for their members in only two months. The initial setup included adding 56 webcasts and eight online courses to the platform. As a result, IFT's in-person learning became available to a worldwide audience with newly accessible online courses. Now, members can easily access courses anywhere and on any device with the Path LMS mobile-responsive interface.
Path LMS has been easy for the IFT team to use, too. Course creation in Path LMS is simple for staff to execute, so they don't have to hire designers to develop their courses. In addition, reports are easy to run on Path LMS, and they provide data on everything from courses purchased to class averages. With this newly accessible information, IFT can continuously improve course offerings.
After just seven months, IFT's financial results significantly beat forecasts. The learning content on Path LMS generated an unprecedented 400% increase in revenue over the previous platform.
What IFT Had to Say
"I really appreciated the responsiveness of our project manager and the rest of the Blue Sky eLearn staff. They listened to our needs and met all of our scheduled deadlines. I do not have a technical background, but transferring content and building courses is really easy in Path LMS. I also appreciate that Blue Sky eLearn continues to develop and push out helpful features."
- Move to a more modern and mobile-friendly LMS that will improve the learning experience for members
- Improve online education revenue by 50%
- Use one platform to sell live events and on-demand learning modules
- IFT chose Path LMS to replace their existing LMS
- The new platform offered an attractive design that was easy for members to search and navigate courses
- Purchase transactions were reduced from seven to just two clicks
- Revenue significantly beat forecasts after just seven months
- Content on Path LMS generated an unprecedented 400% increase in revenue over IFT's previous LMS