Your LMS is ready to launch. What’s next?
Congratulations! You did it. You’ve finished the initial implementation of your LMS and are ready to go live. Now what? It’s time to announce your new learning platform and create some excitement while inviting your learners to check it out! Is your LMS is already live? Tweak these ideas to remind your learners what’s available to them.
Below you’ll see some promotional ideas our clients have seen success with over the years – hopefully, they will work for you too!
- Generate buzz. Send a “Coming Soon!” email previewing some of the features of your new LMS and highlighting popular content two weeks before your go-live date.
- Cannonball! On your official launch day, make a splash by sending an email to your entire database, posting to social media, running temporary LinkedIn ads, and including an announcement on your website homepage.
- Provide incentives. Include a coupon code for a discount on a first purchase or a percentage off a popular offering.
- Give out a freebie. Let your learners use your LMS without a financial commitment. Give away a complimentary webinar or course module as a sneak peek!
- Word of mouth works. Ask some of your most engaged learners to share which of your online education offerings they’re most looking forward to, or what certificate they just earned, on social media or in your online community.
- Create urgency. Consider quarterly or themed (think, First Day of Summer!) flash sales for a discount off any LMS purchase or on specific products to keep your offerings at the front of people’s minds.
So now you have a few ideas about what to do – but if the message isn’t appealing to your audience it doesn’t matter how much you do – they still might not invest in your education! Some things to consider:
- Education anytime. In the age of Amazon and Netflix, people are used to getting what they what, when they want it. It’s important to remind them the LMS is available to them at any time.
- Education anywhere. Following that theme, people no longer have to be sitting behind their desktop to access content on the internet. Make sure they understand that your LMS is mobile-friendly and works on any device.
- Make it personal. Incorporate quotes from presenters and testimonials from top learners in your marketing message to “personalize” your platform.
- Finally, you know your audience better than we do. Make sure to call out features that would be most important to them, such as:
- Earning certificates of completion
- Tracking continuing education hours
- Registering for live webinars and webcasts
- Unlimited views of any presentation
- Access to recordings from the latest annual conference
Continue testing out different combinations of promotions and various messages to see what brings the best results!
Interested in learning more about our Path LMS? Contact us today!