Over the years, we at Blue Sky eLearn have been fortunate to work alongside a group of talented engineers who live and work in Ukraine. These individuals are an incredible part of our team, and our hearts have been heavy with the news of the ongoing, unjust attacks on their country. We stand with the people of Ukraine in solidarity.
Many of our generous employees have asked how they can help their coworkers and Ukraine at large during this conflict. With that, we’ve created a dollar-for-dollar donation matching campaign, for up to $5,000, doubling the impact of our employees’ contributions to Hope for Ukraine, UNICEF, and Doctors Without Borders.
We believe in blue skies for everyone, and while we can’t be there on the ground, we know that even the smallest donation can help. Below is a list of more ways you can make an immediate impact to help the Ukrainian people.
Ways You Can Help
There are dozens of reputable organizations that need monetary support. We’ve highlighted just a few here:
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF): Doctors Without Borders provides independent and impartial medical humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict in Ukraine.
- Hope for Ukraine: Hope for Ukraine’s mission is to help underserved communities and provide support and rehabilitation for wounded soldiers that return home from the Eastern Ukraine conflict zone.
- National Bank of Ukraine (NBU): The NBU has opened a fundraising account for humanitarian assistance to Ukrainians. The Ministry of Social Policy in Ukraine channel funds raised to support citizens severely affected by war.
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund: GoFundMe has organized a campaign in collaboration with the US State Department and Global Giving to distribute donations to verified nonprofit organizations serving those who are impacted.
- UNICEF: With more than half ofUkraine’s children displaced by war, UNICEF provides critical medical aid and protection for children and families caught in the conflict in Ukraine.
- UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR): UNHCR is working to ensure those displaced find shelter, safety, and provide lifesaving aid in the form of medical care, food, and water. At time of publication, donations are being matched up to $1M by AirBnb.
- Voices of Children: This foundation provides psychological and psychosocial support to children impacted by war. They are currently providing around-the-clock assistance to children and families all over Ukraine.
Support Local Journalism
We look to journalists to bring us important and factual information about what’s happening on the ground. Independent Ukrainian media outlets continue to bring us news under unprecedented circumstances, and they need support to continue their work.
A consortium of media groups has created a GoFundMe campaign to keep these outlets afloat during the war. Click here to donate to the campaign.
Contact Your Elected Officials
Calling or writing to your state or local elected officials can be an effective way to inspire political action. Encourage them to use their voices to advocate for the people of Ukraine and support refugees. Here are some tips to help you get started.